Rob Rankin is the Principal and Founder of Rankin Business Lawyers. He is an innovative, socially conscious entrepreneur, that has created a national, virtual law firm, which has as its primary purpose to be a force for good. This firm has more than doubled in size in the last 12 months and its growth shows no signs of abating.
Rob has basically thrown a rock at the conventional law firms and created a business a culture that is very 21st century and has already been recognised by Forbes Magazine. This conversation is so very interesting as Rob has created something where he would like to work and that his team certainly agree with.
In this conversation we discuss:
- Disrupting an industry by creating a virtual team and the challenges in doing this
- The importance of culture and empowerment
- The importance of recruitment
- What small business owners should be thinking about to protect their business in a rapidly changing world
Rankin Business Lawyers
Meet Helen Haines. She’s the Director of Dollars and Sense, a boutique Bookkeeping business, sits on the board of Aus Dance Victoria as Treasurer, a mother and a wife. Her business has grown rapidly over the past couple of years and she now has a team working for her.
This conversation is a great one for parents who are doing the juggling act between work and life commitments. Helen’s story is a great one, she gave birth only nine months ago to her beautiful daughter and her business continues to grow and thrive. She smashes her targets, gets out there and networks whilst having dedicated time with her daughter. Helen and her husband are changing the stereotypical family roles and living the concept of work-life rhythm.
In this episode we discuss:
- The importance of communications to achieve professional and personal priorities
- Having clarity on your why
- The importance of asking for help
- How she ‘has it all’ one step at a time
Dollars and Sense
In our first episode of Making It Count we chat to Frank Bambino, Managing Director of Via Architects and there’s lots of diversity in this conversation.
Frank is a successful small business owner who has 20+ years experience running his own business On top of this he has extensive knowledge and experience as an architect gained from a career spanning over 25 years in the industry. Frank brings an energy and enthusiasm that inspires his own work and that of those around him.
This episode is an interesting one as we cover:
- Lessons learnt from his extensive years in business
- The importance of having the right people in the right roles
- Tips for future proofing business
- The future of the workplace
- The evolution of the Aged Care Industry