Meet Dr Jenny Brockis.
As a kid, Jenny’s favourite tale was Kipling’s story of ‘How The Elephant Got His Trunk. Like the elephant she was insatiably curious about the world. It also got her into a bit of trouble, like the time she set fire to the kitchen during a chemistry experiment.
Her curiosity led her to ask, why does our body and mind sometimes fail us?
As a board-certified lifestyle medicine physician and best-selling author her vision is to enable everyone to be a happy, thriving human. Which is why Jenny chose to switch from being a GP to create a workplace consultancy called Brain Fit, specialising in mental wellbeing, psychological safety and sustainable high performance.
Jenny’s fourth book Thriving Mind: How to Cultivate a Good Life (Wiley) has just been published and when not at work you’ll find her cuddled up with a book, hiking in nature, or experimenting in the kitchen.
Our chat is focused around how to thrive in a pandemic.
This is a brilliant chat with Jenny that includes:
- How to recognise if you or someone you know is struggling
- The importance of creating a safe space for people to speak up
- Tips for managing your mental wellbeing
- Tips for leaders to support their employee’s mental wellbeing
- The biggest influence of Jenny’s life to date
Grab a pen and paper and enjoy this podcast with Dr Jenny.